I love how our lives are woven together.
.

Day # 9 . . . Movies . . .


Today  over at  Kickin it ...  we were asked to share our favorite movies. 


I do love movies.
 There is only one movie that I own the 
VHS, the DVD, the Book and the Sountrack
and that would be ...
  Shumani Tutonka Ob Wachi  ---   Dances with Wolves.   

 The scenery, sountrack, so much of the story speaks to me. Two Socks, Stands with a Fist, Ten Bears, Kicking Bird,  the whole cast. I just love it.

   nine more :
Forest Gump    
Hachi
Avatar
Sixth Sense
The Exorcist   
Once Upon a Time in the West
Contact
Dirty Dancing
Wizard Of Oz

 If I sit here too long I know this list will grow. So these are the top ten that rolled out of my brain without much thought.   My Lifeguard ( not the movie, my husband is a lifeguard ) loves to quote movies and he slips the quotes into everyday conversation just to see if I am paying attention. He does the same thing with song lyrics.  

I like movies about time travel.
and... movies about aliens .....   The Abyss and Close Encounters of the Third Kind
I also love romantic comedies, love stories, westerns,  horror, and disaster/apocalyptic movies.
I like movies about survival and mountain climbing.  Did you see Vertical Limit?  and K2.
I could talk about movies all day.     But you have other blogs to visit so I will stop now.

See you tomorrow !
 Marianne


 photo 3c6d8824-f873-49de-97f2-a4f5ae47f9de_zpsc91a4833.jpg
Every Day during the Month of December I will be linking with 
Kickin it Old Skool  and blogging just for fun and connections.
I have already met some pretty cool people who I have added to my must read list.
I see some new friendships are in my future
You can join in any time here.



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this list. I am not participating in the blog hop so I hope it's okay to post a comment.
I have been following your posts but I don't have a google account. I am so glad you allow comments from anonymous posters. I do follow you on Instagram. That's how I found your blog. @kayala

Janet said...

Reading everyone else's lists is so much fun. Yes, of course Dances With Wolves! How could I have left that one off my list? And Dirty Dancing!

Tink said...

Of course, how could I forget Avatar? I love it! And the others on your list too. :)

Johanne said...

This is a great prompt with the Christmas holidays coming up. There is a lot of variety and list of movies to watch is growing. I'll have to watch Dances with Wolves one more time.

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Marianne,

I am a movie person too! I don't like the really scary ones and tend to not like alien films, but there's been a few.... I loved "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Slayer."

Have fun kickinit!

Hugs,
Kay

Deborah Weber said...

Oh I'd forgotten about Avatar. Loving this meme. And how fun that your husband quotes movie and song stuff.

sunny said...

It's clear you and I will not be watching movies together! You listed two of my least favs of all time, and several others that I wouldn't watch. Guess I'm not much of a movie person.

Sacred Ordinary Moments said...

I LOVED LOVED LOVED Contact. I adore Jodie Foster. I have such a wide spectrum of the types of movies I enjoy - I also enjoy (or used too, haven't watched many lately) alien movies (but I can't watch Alien. Too scary).

Shannon said...

Awesome picks! I love time travel and alien movies too! And Once Upon a Time in the West - total classic :)

Pam said...

I am intrigued to see that 6 of your films are on my list. I 'fess up to never seeing your number 1. My top has to be the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I have a very dog eared much read copy that was a gift more years ago than I can remember.

Mary Dawn said...

my friend's brother was an animal trainer for Hachi...i know, random :)